Client's Breakfast Room Progress

I am currently working on multiple projects in this wonderful client's house. But I thought y'all would want a sneak peek into some of the progress so far in the breakfast area. I have replaced the old chair rail and paneling with new taller board and batten wainscoting and window and door casings. Wow, what a difference just that has made! The light has been replaced with a fabulous new lantern from here. The woven shades were installed on Friday but they forgot the valances for them so I don't have a picture of that yet. I'm crossing my fingers that the wallpaper selection will be narrowed down today so we can get that installed asap. Next comes the new furniture and curtains. I am planning to keep the existing kitchen table, but add new chairs as well as a new desk (my client likes to have a space to pay bills, etc). I will definitely post pics as soon as the space is complete. Here is the before:
And here is where we are so far:
What do you think? It's amazing how small changes can make such a big difference. FYI, if you like do-it-yourself projects check out pinterest for great instructions on how to install board and batten wainscoting like above.

No comments:

Post a Comment